The closest grocery store is often the hardest one to find. We want to help you navigate your way there with as little stress as possible, so we’ve created this guide to get you from one place to another in an easy and straightforward way.
A step by step guide to navigating to the grocery store nearest you.
- Find your current location.
- Search for a grocery store nearby.
- Select your desired location.
- Click on ‘directions’ and select the mode of transport (car, bike or foot). The map will then show you which stores are close by in your area, along with their address and phone number if they have one (or at least an email address).
Find your current location.
If you have a GPS on your phone, the app will be able to tell you where you are. If not, use Google Maps or Apple Maps to find out where the closest grocery store is located and then navigate there.
If you have a car, make sure it has an updated navigation system so that it can also help with this task!
If none of these options are available (like if someone is driving), let’s look at some other options:
- A tablet with an internet connection—if possible—can be used as well; just search for “best grocery stores near me” and choose one from their results list (this may take some time). The best part about using an internet-enabled device like this one is that if another person wants something specific too (for example: “I want chocolate”), they’ll see what I’ve found along with links back online where we could find more information about each item according to reviews written by others using similar technology.*
Search for a grocery store nearby.
- Search by name, address or category. You can also search for a store by its location on the map above.
- Sort results by distance and rating. The more stores you check, the better chance of finding one close enough to pop into before heading home after work (or getting groceries at all).
Select your desired location.
To select your desired location, click on the “Directions” button. The app will then ask you to enter your zip code and street address. After entering this information, it will show you a list of all nearby grocery stores within walking distance from your current location.
You can also use the map to find stores that are not on this list as well—just click on an arrow next to each store name in order to expand its options (you’ll see this if there aren’t any arrows next to a store).
Click on ‘Directions’
After you have selected your mode of transport, click on ‘Directions’, and then select one of the following options:
- Walk or Drive Yourself. In this case, your phone will automatically calculate how long it takes to get from where you are now to where you want to go next (based on distance and time). If this option is not available, then choose another method of travel instead. You may also want to consider using public transportation if possible because this can save money over driving alone!
Select the mode of transport.
Now that you know how much fuel your vehicle can hold, select the mode of transport. There are several options available to you:
- Public transport – This option will take you directly to your location. It’s easy and convenient, but if there are no routes from here to there, this may not be an option for you.
- Carpooling – If a friend or family member is driving their own vehicle and would like another passenger along for the ride, this could work out well! Just make sure that both people agree on who gets paid or what kind of transportation expenses will be covered by each party (i.e., gas).
Click on ‘Start’.
- Click on ‘Start’.
- The directions will appear on the screen, in a list format and also as a map.
Get directions in a simple and straightforward way
Navigating to the nearest grocery store can be a complicated process, especially if you don’t know your way around. Luckily, we’re here for you!
In this section, we’ll show you how to get directions that are simple and straightforward:
So now you know how to find the closest grocery store. It’s not that hard, right? Now all you have left is the fun part of shopping for a few days!